Sunday, July 8, 2007

Shopping

I forgot what it was like to go shopping for fun. Boy, as I lose weight, I think our bank account will be hurting. Okay, not really. I'm too frugal for that to happen.

So here's the story: Currently, I have 4 pairs of shorts. 1 fits GREAT & the other 3, I thought were just a little big. 2 of the shorts were dirty. So I tried on the other 2 & I was swimming in both. I had been putting off buying shorts, because hopefully next summer, I will be in much smaller shorts.

So I gave in & decided to go shopping for a pair of shorts. For the last 3 years, I have only shopped at Lane Bryant (or Motherhood Maternity during my pregnancy days). But I thought, "You know... It might be fun to see if clothes will fit me well at JC Penny's." And guess what?!! They did! I found 2 pairs of shorts that are really cute.

And then, just for fun, I tried on some shirts & it was great to look at myself in the mirror & say "Cute shirt, but it needs to be a little more fitted." When was the last time I went in search of a fitted item of clothing? I don't remember, to be honest with you. But it sure felt good to be able to think that.

And despite being completely swamped by schoolwork, kids, husband, pets, housework & yardwork, I feel like I'm doing really well. I am staying on points. I am getting to the gym or if I don't get to the gym, then I am doing something around the house to earn activity points.

I am even trying to work ahead in my classes, so that if I fall behind, while Karl has his bypass surgery, I really won't be behind. I can't wait until I can actually take a break & breath. I will do my best to continue posting on my progress.

I'm even considering posting my starting weight & my current weight (something I have never done before). No one knows my real weight, except for the people who weigh me at ww meetings. Not even my drivers license has my real weight on it.

2 comments:

Healthy Mummy said...

Well done Megan, that is a great motivation. I love shopping and am looking forward to buying clothes in smaller sizes. Good luck with the life juggling. I know where you're coming from.

Lily T said...

What a fun shopping experience! I’m not much of a shopper either and honestly would rather spend the money on items other than clothing. Unfortunately, I’ll have to bite the bullet eventually and buy clothes that fit, because the wardrobe I have is getting smaller and smaller due to the fact that I’m getting smaller and smaller!

Sounds like you're doing well. Keep up the good work!