Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!

So how are you going to avoid the tempting holiday treats this year?

My plan is to avoid the kids Halloween buckets like the plague. In addition, we didn't buy any candy to give out to trick or treaters this year. We bought a whole bunch of fun and goofy party favors--pencils, spiders, bugs, princess tiaras ect... I won't gain weight from having those sitting around the house long after Halloween has come and gone. Plus, I can still use any leftovers next year!

This is only the first of many holidays that cause myself and many fellow dieters/lifestyle-changers much distress. Next will be Thanksgiving and all of the yummy food to go along with it. Then it will be Christmas and all of the sweet cookies and other goodies. Then, let's not forget New Year's Eve and all of the empty-calorie filled drinks that we will consume and the snacks that go along with it.

But I actually feel ready for the holidays this year. They don't feel daunting anymore. They are what they are. I will have to be prepared to turn down things I might not have turned down in the past. I might have to jog a little longer on the treadmill to make up for a transgression. But I'm really heading in the right direction and feel confident about the upcoming holiday season.

1 comment:

Lily T said...

I’m also feeling optimistic this season. However, I had already “messed up” for Halloween. Buying party favors instead of candy to give out is an excellent idea! I just wished I had read this ahead of time.