Saturday, October 27, 2007

A New Start

I have been spending a lot of time reflecting on different things. I think that I was too focused on what I was eating. While I agree that planning can be a good thing, I feel as if I was obsessing about my points or calories. I started the day eating as little as possible; After all, I need to save my points, right? Then I would end up overeating at dinner. So I have been trying to eat a larger breakfast and since then, I have noticed that I have automatically decreased the amount of food that I was eating for lunch and dinner, without consciously making the effort to do so. My husband, Karl, and I have invested in a treadmill for our home. I think this was the best decision that we have made in a while. It gives us another option if we can't get to the gym and gives us something to do on the days that we don't go to the gym. Who wants to go to the gym everyday? Not me. My time is very precious to me.

I have also made some other small changes. I joined www.runnerplus.com and have entered into different challenges. They have been keeping me motivated to get on the treadmill, even when I don't feel up to it.

I haven't been good about getting to weight watchers, although I need to. I have been keeping track of my weight at home and am going to do something that I have never done before. I'm going to tell my weight! Gasp! At my highest, I was between 235-240 pounds (I wasn't exactly getting on the scale at that point, so who knows how much I really weighed. I was in total denial at that point.) When I told my husband that I wanted to join weight watchers, I weighed 225. When I joined weight watchers, I weighed 220.

I now weigh 193 pounds. Despite all of my setbacks, I'm back on track again. I'm making healthy choices and still allowing myself the occassional treat. I'm not journaling what I'm eating, but I'm very conscious of my portion sizes and what I'm taking in each day. I have been getting on the treadmill anywhere from 4 to 5 times a week and pushing myself.

It feels like a brand new start for me.

3 comments:

Andi said...

Welcome back Megan, you can do this!

Healthy Mummy said...

Welcome back Megan. Sounds like you are back on track. I have a treadmill at home too. I love it.

nato said...

Welcome back Megan...I'm getting back on track myself. We can do this!

One thing I'd recommend is continuing to track your food...that way if you get something you don't expect on the scale you can trace it back.