Saturday, December 29, 2007

My Ah-ha Moment

One thing that I have found interesting since finding out that I am pregnant: Suddenly, it is acceptable for me to be overweight, eat whatever I want to, and not be active.

Now this isn't saying that this is what I want to do. However, it's suddenly okay in the eyes of others for me to have an unhealthy snack. "The baby wants it." Hello! If it's not healthy for me, then it's certainly not healthy for my unborn child. Also, every time I try to do anything, people tell me that I shouldn't be doing that. What's wrong with being active? As long as I have my doctor's approval, I can do everything that I was doing before I got pregnant.

I think that I will really have to watch myself and make sure that people with the best of intentions don't derail me from my lifestyle changes. I've worked too hard to give up now.

3 comments:

Andi said...

Congratulations Megan! Funny how people think pregnancy is an excuse to eat whatever you want. Good for you pledging to stay active and eating healthy!

Healthy Mummy said...

I gave myself permission to eat for five when I was pregnant. My youngest is two and a half and I'm still paying for it. You're are wise to stick to your new healthy lifestyle.

Lily T said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

I'm glad that you're ignoring all those mis-informants and keeping your healthy habits! Trust me. The baby will definately benefit!